There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Insomnia

Insomnia seems like it should have an upside.  All those extra hour that weren't spent sleeping.  And even thought I know the you're supposed to use good 'sleep hygiene', i.e., you're supposed to get out of the bed if you can't sleep, a lot of hours are lost to me, staring at the clock until late/early in the morning.


I started out with a photo

 and Gimp'd it into a black and white version with colored eyes.  The eyes actually got a subtle anime treatment and are scaled up to oversize.
I've been interested in the 3D high texture things I'd been trying.  So I underpainted this by painting all the white onto the canvas in very high relief modeling paste (marble clay and acrylic binder.)  Painting over this was easy.
I painted everything a flat Mars Black and then Titanium White onto the raised parts.  I painted some color in  the eyes to emphasize the stare.
This painting is 24"x30" acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment